An environmentally friendly way to turn food waste into great compost!
The Tiger Wormery operates very simply and harnesses the 'surface-feeding' nature of the Tiger Worms that live inside it. As the unit fills, the worms follow the food upwards through the holes in the base of the trays leaving behind their rich organic compost in the trays below.
By the time the top tray is full, the bottom tray is ready to harvest worm compost so you simply empty it and pop it back on top. You just keep the system going and the liquid fertiliser gathers in a chamber at the bottom where there is a tap to drain it into your watering can.
Our Tiger Wormeries are manufactured from high quality recycled plastic, and come with a 5 year warranty. They are easy to use and will even look after themselves while you go on holiday. The Tiger Wormery also makes for a fantastic present for Christmas or Birthdays!
What do I get?
- Tiger Wormery with Trays, Drainage Sump Tray, Tap & Lid
- Approx 100 Tiger Worms or a Worm Card Voucher*
- Approx 1.5kg Lime Mix (to neutralise acidity)
- Coir Worm Bedding to introduce the worms into their new environment (also can be used to soak up moisture)
Which should I get?
- The 3-Tray tiger wormery is our bestseller and is suitable for a small family of 3-4 people.
- The 4-Tray tiger wormery will cope with roughly the same amount of waste as the 3 tray with the added benefit of extra composting time for the full trays.
Extra trays are available separately if you want to upgrade at a later date. Each tray holds approx 15.5 litres.
Upgrade to a Deluxe Kit and Save
Our popular 'Deluxe Kits' are excellent value upgrades. Deluxe Kits include everything supplied with the kits above but additionally come with:
- Worm Treats - 1.5kg
- Composting with Worms Book by George Pilkington
- A Coir Fibre Moisture Mat
Choice of 8 colours
- Dark Cobalt Blue
- Dark Orchid Purple
- Electric Red
Please click here for PDF instructions and FAQs on this product.
* If you are buying a wormery as a gift or don't intend to set it up straight away, we suggest you get it delivered with a worm card instead of live worms. Then when you or the other person is ready to set it up, return the worm card by post and we will send the live tiger worms out to you. Just let us know when ordering