Turn dog poo into a great compost!
The 3 or 4 Tray Standard Pet & Dog Poo Wormery is a great way to turn pet and dog poo into great worm compost and a liquid fertiliser for your garden.
Because of the nature of the waste (faeces) we do not advise using the end compost in vegetable patches or in areas where young children would play - but it is an excellent conditioner to be dug into your garden or used as a bedding for shrubbery and flower beds.
You may even choose to continue disposing of your dog waste, but reduce the quantity vastly by processing it through the Pet and Dog Poo Wormery first. Our Pet and Dog Poo Wormeries come with everything you need to start disposing of your dog waste straight away.
- 100 Tiger Worms or a Worm Card Voucher*
- Approx 1kg Bokashi Bran to speed up the decomposition process
- 2 or more composting trays depending on choice made
- Coir Worm Bedding
- Drainage Sump Tray, Tap and Lid
- Available in multiple colours with 3 or 4 tray options
- Full instructions are provided for easy operation
Choice of 8 colours
- Brilliant Rose Pink
- Dark Cobalt Blue
- Dark Orchid Purple
- Electric Red
- Electric Yellow
Which Wormery is right for me?
- The 3-Tray Pet and Dog Poo Wormery is suitable for 2-3 average sized dogs or 1-2 large dogs with the added benefit of extra composting time for the full trays.
- The 4-Tray Pet and Dog Poo Wormery is suitable for 3-4 average sized dogs or 2-3 large dogs with the added benefit of extra composting time for the full trays.
- Extra trays are available separately in wormery accessories if you want to upgrade at a later date.
- Each tray holds approx 15.5 litres
- 3 Tray: Width 40cm / Depth 40cm / Height Empty 52cm / Height Full 70cm - Capacity 46.5L
- 4 Tray: Width 40cm / Depth 40cm / Height Empty 56cm / Height Full 80cm - Capacity 62L
Our Pet and Dog Poo Wormeries are manufactured from high quality recycled plastic, and come with a 5 year warranty. They are easy to use and will even look after themselves while you go on holiday. The Pet and Dog Poo Wormery makes for a fantastic present for Christmas or Birthdays.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Pet & Dog Poo Wormery Work?
- The Pet Poo Converter consists of two or more sturdy, nesting trays with a lid, drainage sump and stand which forms a neat, compact portable unit.
- The worms eat and breed in the working tray. This has a perforated base to allow any liquid waste to drain through to the drainage sump.
- The "worm poo" or worm castings remain in the top section and can be harvested as desired.
- The bottom sump collects the valuable liquid waste which can be diluted and used as a fertiliser on your garden.
Is it safe?
- As long as you use the Pet & Dog Poo Wormery as directed, following the special included instructions carefully - it is safe to use.
- Indeed commercial worm farms rear the worms on manure.
- The only thing we recommend is not using the end compost in vegetable patches or where small children may play.
- It still makes for a great compost for flower or shrubbery beds, however, and of course you can still dig it into the garden or mix with other compost as a soil conditioner.
Can I put food waste into the Pet Poo Wormery?
- No - well, not at the same time. It is best not to mix the diet by introducing both Pet Poo and normal food waste at the same time.
- So stick to either food waste or pet poo. If you are looking specifically for a Wormery for food waste, you'll probably find the rest of our Wormery range more suitable.
Can I use this Wormery as a 'normal' Wormery (i.e. with food waste)?
- Yes, that is absolutely fine.
- If you specifically like the design of this particular Wormery, or if you change your mind and do not with to compost your pet poo any more you can use this Wormery with normal food waste (just not at the same time) and that will work just fine.
- If you are looking specifically for a Wormery for food waste, you'll probably find the rest of our Wormery range more suitable.
Please click here for PDF instructions and FAQs on this product.
* If you are buying a Wormery as a gift or don't intend to set it up straight away, we suggest you get it delivered with a worm card voucher instead of live worms. Then when you or the other person is ready to set it up, return the worm card by post and we will send the live tiger worms out to you.